[Press Release, Washington DC and Bratislava, Slovakia, February 3, 2017]
The Slovak American Foundation today announced the results of the Winter 2016-17 Round of US Connections, a growth and opportunity program for innovative Slovak entrepreneurs. Two companies were selected:
Agent Balance: An analytical “Solution as a Service” that provides managers with a unique set of psychometric data about their employees.
TSS Company: Designs and manufactures UHF RFID devices which are being integrated into solutions in 25 countries in a variety of sectors.
These companies join the Slovak American Foundation’s US Connections portfolio, along with companies selected in previous rounds and the winner of the 2017 STARTUP Awards US Connections Grand Prize:
- MultiplexDX is a biotech company developing proprietary technology for accurate and personalized diagnostics leading to targeted, precise, effective and life-saving cancer therapy. Winner of 2017 STARTUP Awards US Connections Grand Prize http://www.multiplexdx.com/
- Kickresume is an innovative and powerful digital resume and personal website creator that combines AI, gamification, personality tests and synchronization of networks to accelerate job searches for young professionals. kickresume.com
- Anima Technika has developed Drone n Base, a unique single or multi-player gaming platform using drones and bases with augmented reality, as well as a gaming app. animatechnika.com
- Photoneo is a smart vision startup with patented technology for advanced 3D vision cameras for industrial use and robotics, pioneering sensoric performance for autonomous systems http://www.photoneo.com
- Streamstar has developed innovative multi-camera live production tools for use in sporting events that enables producers to create live content smarter, faster and cost effective. https://www.streamstar.com
SAF’s distinguished panel of Selection Advisors reviewed applications and heard presentations from six finalists, including BeInTouch www.beintouch.io, eDocu www.edocu.com, FaceMedia www.facemedia.sk and Plettac Systems www.thermalcam.eu, and made a final recommendation to the SAF Board of Directors, who approved the selection of TSS and Agent Balance. The Selection Advisors for US Connections 2016-2017 are:
- Simona Bubanova, Owner, creative department
- Vladimir Bužek, Research Center for Quantum Information, Slovak Academy of Science
- Zdenko Hoschek, CEO, Creative Web
- Pavol Luka, Chief Technology Officer, ESET
- Šimon Šicko, CEO/Founder, Pixel Federation
To be considered for US Connections, applicants must meet the following criteria: early stage company with innovative/disruptive commercial product or service with large market potential, dedicated management team, customers and some revenue, incorporated in Slovakia and majority owned by Slovak shareholder(s), have a viable business model and be ready to enter the US market.